Sunday, August 28, 2011

Disney Princesses Designer Collection...of....? (Video Below)














The New Disney Princesses Collection has arrived in "select" Disney stores
Each week a different Princess will be released
Once they sell out of each princess they will be gone forever (That Disney vault is getting crowded!)
The girls come in these acrylic cases just as you see for easy display.
The BEST things about these dolls are the designer sketches.
Like most of (Mattel designer )Bill Greening's designs, these sketches did not translate well into plastic.
THEY ARE UGLY!
The gowns are awkward and ill-fitting.
This biggest let down is the Pocahontas gown and doll.
I was hoping since this was the most realistic ensemble It would fit nicely on a Fashion Royalty or Barbie body.
But no.
The doll is too wide of hip and too flat of chest for even Barbie.
And the face is just awful!
I suppose die hard Disney Fans and Middle America will gobble these up (Because they're  a part of  the doll collecting world that has never peaked inside a copy of Vogue or because they think these dolls will make them rich in a year)
BUT
For the discriminating doll collector more than one or none would be quite enough!
P.S.
The best Disney Princess dolls still seem to be those sold at the Parks!

Larger Video Here!

3 comments:

  1. I thin kit was either hit or miss with the gurls. I think they are all pretty but some are better then others. I think Tiana,Rapunzel and Arial are the best out of this bunch. But If I were to buy one I would feel like I need them all lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we done with the Disney Princesses yet? How many times can they recycle the same old thing? I just have no interest in these girls anymore.

    ~steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a cast member and I personally LOVE the disney Princesses.. but the Designer collection was a huge let down.. I agree whole heartedly that they are of ill quality and could be 15432% better! Disney should have worked a little harder before they released this one..

    ReplyDelete